The Internet has drastically changed the way that people communicate, and as a tool used multiple times a day, it's important to take measures to stay safe online.
1) Don’t post any personal information online, like your address, email or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it. Never take nude selfies and send them through text or social media. This is a form of sexting.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords to anyone, not even your "bestie".
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know or have not actually met.
6) Don’t meet up with people you've met online.
7) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried, block or delete the person. Then, report it to your parents, law enforcement and/or school officials. Save all evidence.
Visit our #NowMattersL8R project page.
Use the hashtag #NowMattersL8R on your own social media.