Interested in joining our
group counseling sessions?
We are currently enrolling for future group sessions, so please call 337.269.1557 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the confidential form to the right and one of our counselors will contact you.
Adult Survivor Group
One in four women will be sexually abused or assaulted in
their lifetime. Two-thirds of cases are never reported. Sexual assault is the most dramatically under reported crime. Many survivors have suffered unnecessarily for many years.
Hearts of Hope Adult Survivors Group is an 8 week cognitive
behavior-focused crisis and trauma group that discusses:
- The meaning of the event(s), and restructuring any unhelpful meanings that survivors may make
- Patterns of problematic thinking and the effect on survivors’ behavior and emotions
- Challenging questions, such as, “I caused this in some way”, “Why did this happen to me?”, and "is something wrong with me?” among others
- Other themes involving beliefs about self and the world including: safety, trust, power, control, esteem, and intimacy.
A Non-Offending Parents Group
Decades of experience and research show that how
parents—particularly mothers—react to a child’s
disclosure of sexual abuse and the events that follow is
the number one factor in how well the child recovers and the family survives the trauma of sexual abuse.
Hearts of Hope Non-offending parents and caregivers
group is a 6-week series of cognitive behavior-focused
crisis and trauma intervention sessions that teach:
- The facts about child sexual abuse and trauma
- The effects of trauma on victims, their parents and siblings and ways families can cope and come to thrive
- The role of law enforcement, child protection, and community service providers in helping families caught up in the crisis of child sexual trauma
- Parents the knowledge and skill they will need to help children deal with long-term trauma effects throughout their development