The Links below direct you to resources you may need.
click the name of the link to visit their website:
A single destination agency providing information, education and referral services.
American Forensic Nurses
An organization providing medical forensic services to law enforcement agencies.
Provides temporary shelter, safety, empowerment and advocacy, to women and children survivors of domestic violence. To promote social change through community collaboration, education and violence prevention programs.
International Association of Forensic Nurses
An international membership organization comprised of forensic nurses working around the world and other professionals who support and compliment the work of forensic nursing.
Lafayette Sheriff Office
Lafayette Police Department
National Children’s Alliance
A nationwide not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote and support communities in providing a coordinated investigation and comprehensive response to victims of severe child abuse.
Parent Child Interactive
Provides a safe, private, secure profile to search professional informational videos and the ability to participate in: community and private discussions, online counseling, live seminars, lectures, and certified courses all related to children's behavior.
The nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline and carries out programs to prevent sexual assault, help victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
SEXUAL ABUSE STATISTICS:
• 1 out of 3 girls & 1 out of 5 boys are sexually abused by age 18.
• Over 65% of alleged offenders are family members.
• Every 6 minutes a child in the United States is sexually assaulted.
• 97 of every 100 rapists receive no punishment for sex crimes committed against adults and children.
• 1 in 5 children receive a sexual solicitation while on the internet.
• More than 80% of sexual abuse cases occur in 1 adult/1child situations.
• There are approximately 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in the United States.
• Like rape, child molestation is one of the most underreported crimes.